August 03, 2011

Mary and Olive and a Gift

This journal is named for two women who greatly inspired my love for sewing and crafting. My fraternal grandmother, Mary taught me to crochet when I was a girl. Olive was my maternal grandmother and a wonderful quilt maker. Both of my grandmothers lovingly passed their love of sewing to me and I am still inspired by their creativeness.

A couple of weeks ago I came across a free block pattern that I loved so much I immediately ran home to make it. Two days later when pondering what I could gift to my lovely neighbor who was hospitalized, I thought of a pillow.

I was super happy with how it turned out and she loved it! Win, win!!

The pattern for this intricate but easy design can be found at theparfaitcafe.com under the 'Patterns' link.

No comments:

Post a Comment