August 01, 2011

An experiment

Well...here goes! I hope this will be a fun way to journal my quilty pursuits and maybe even guilt me into finishing more projects than in the past. We'll see how that pans out! If nothing else, this will at least encourage a photographic history of my completed projects. I've made baby quilts or other quilted gifts for people and completely forgotten to photograph them before I've let them go...no more!

I'm not sure what is more perculiar about this new adventure...writing posts that no one is reading or sharing my goals/attempts/progress/failures with complete strangers.

I'm excited to get started!! So here's what I've been up to lately...
1. I'm slowly but surely working on the Bottled Rainbows Quilt-Along hostessed by Rachel at Stitched In Color. Here are the blocks I've completed so far. 6 down...

And last night I got a few more ready for the "ticker tape" process. 10 to go!

2. I also purchased some vintage sheet charm packs from Jen at In Color Order and joined the Warm/Cool Quilt-Along. I'm working on this slowly and surely as a Leader/Ender project.

3. Last but certainly not least, I finally got sucked into the ginormous Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along. This Flickr Group is 774 strong as of this post. 774 people joined up to a virtual sewing bee from all over the world...cool! The day I got my book in the mail, I made the first two blocks. And within a few days I was caught up to week 5. I've stalled a little bit but hope to get caught up to everyone else soon (currently on week 9).


I have many more works in progress -- I'll share more tomorrow.

If you're reading this, thanks for joining me on this journey!! I look forward to getting to know some of you over the coming months! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment